The Birches Lakeside Campground is located on the southeastern shore of Lake Cobbosseecontee, in central Maine, just south of Augusta, Maine's Capitol.
♦ RV campsites
♦ 6 Rustic Cottages
♦ 4 Park Model homes
♦ Sandy swimming beach
♦ Concrete boat ramp
♦ Boat docks for rent
♦ Paddle Boat, Canoe and Kayak rentals
♦ Supervised activities for the children
♦ Theme weekends
♦ Lodge with fieldstone fireplace and Exchange Library
♦ General Store stocked with necessities, soda, beer, ice, milk, firewood, ice cream, and limited RV supplies
♦ Video games
♦ Restaurant (Only on weekends)
♦ Laundry building with 3 washers and 4 dryers
♦ Clean Restrooms with Hot Showers
♦ Honeywagon service for non-sewered sites
♦ Dump Station
♦ Located near the Cobbossee Colony Golf course http://golfcobbossee.com/
Open May 1st until Columbus Day (October)
*QUIET TIME IS STRICTLY ENFORCED FROM 11:00 PM UNTIL 7:00 AM FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS AND FROM 10:00 PM UNTIL 7:00 AM SUNDAY THROUGH THURSDAYS.
* ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ON THEIR SITES BY THE START OF QUIET TIME.
*CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 10 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES.
1. All visitors must register at the office if the guard shack is closed. Guests are required to pay the applicable fee. The person renting the site is responsible to be sure ALL guests register at the office and that they obey these rules while a guest in the campground.
***PLEASE NOTE ALL GUESTS NOT SPENDING THE NIGHT MUST LEAVE BEFORE 10 PM***
2. Only 2 vehicles per site. These vehicles MUST BE PARKED ON YOUR SITE AND NOT IN THE ROAD, if they don’t fit within your site please park them at the designated parking areas.
3. Sites are rented to 2 adults and 2 children. An additional fee applies per person beyond this limit.
4. We do allow non- aggressive dogs. Max of 2 dogs per site unless otherwise approved by management at the time of the reservation. PETS MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES. Please keep your dog(s) quiet and PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOUR PETS. Management reserves the right to refuse or evict any animal that poses a threat to other campers at any point during your stay. Pet owners will be charged for any damages done to campsite by their pet. The campground owners and managers are not to be held responsible for any damages or injuries caused by ones pet. Proof of vaccinations should be readily available if needed.
5. All alcoholic beverages are to be kept at your own campsite and covered at all times. Disorderly conduct, drunkenness, illegal drug use or obscene language will not be tolerated and will result in immediate eviction without refund.
6. Firearms, fireworks, paintball guns are not allowed. Boats and hauling trailers are not allowed to be kept at your campsite; storage area is available. Drones are allowed but they are not allowed to be flown below the tree tops. If the noise and question of one’s privacy becomes an issue the owner will be told to remove the drone from the premises.
7. Swim at your own risk, no life guard on duty. All children must be supervised by an adult at all times. Swim time is dawn to dusk. Please be aware of your surroundings and of boat traffic. BOAT DOCKS ARE OFF LIMITS TO SWIMMERS AT ALL TIMES. The swim docks are there for that purpose. We recommend that non-potty trained children wear swimmies, which are available at the store for purchase. DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE SWIMMING AREAS. Dogs are allowed at the boat landing or off Sunset Point.
8. DO NOT FEED THE DUCKS!!!! NO EXCUSES ALLOWED!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT TOLERATED!! We know they are adorable BUT they carry germs and can cause DUCK ITCH which could lead to closing of the beach.
9. We do not allow fishing off any of the boat docks. Damage done to any boats by someone fishing is not the responsibility of the campground owners or management.
10. Please keep fires contained to the designated fire ring. Please observe your surroundings and keep a water source nearby. At times of extreme dryness and drought fires maybe prohibited.
11. Bikes are not allowed to be ridden after dusk
12. Boats, canoes, kayaks and jet skis are not allowed on the beach. They must be on a reserved, assigned boat slip or on your trailer in the boat yard.
13. Check in is 1:00 pm for campsites and 2:00 pm for cabins. Check out is 11:00 am for campsites and 10:00 am for cabins. Absolutely no early check in is allowed without prior approval of management.
14. Speed limit within the campground is 5 mph, this is strictly enforced and applies to golf carts as well.
15. If you plan on bringing your boat please reserve a boat slip at the time of your reservation. If you choose not to reserve a boat slip then a boat launch fee will be charged. Our boat launch is reserved for our guests and is NOT a public boat launch.
16. If you plan on bringing a golf cart please tell us at the time you make your reservation.
17. Reservations made less than 14 days prior to arrival must be paid in full at the time of the reservation. Non-payment of a deposit within seven (7) days of the reservation being made will result in cancellation of the reservation.
18. CANCELLATIONS: Cancellation of reservations requires a 30 day notice for refund less a 15% service charge. If cancellation is 30 days or less in advance of your reservation you forfeit the entire cost and deposit of your reservation. All reservations are transferrable to another person but not another date. Failure to arrive on the scheduled arrival date will result in no refund given. **If you should happen to shorten your stay while you are here either on an RV site or in one of our cabins no refund will be granted. We will not be held responsible for bad weather or life events that change your plans.
19. Have fun; be safe and considerate of those around you. Enjoy your time off at this beautiful spot on Lake Cobbosee. We are grateful you have chosen to spend your time with us.
20. Violation of these rules will result in the violator being ejected pursuant to 30-A MRSA § 3838 or 3837.